Southeastern Spine · Brain · Joint in Chattanooga, Tennessee offers a full range of procedures designed to give you the most comprehensive medical care you need. If you have nagging neck or back symptoms that radiate down your arm or leg, or if you have hip or knee pain, the solution may be a non operative treatment or surgery.
When you should see a spine specialist
Most episodes of neck and back pain are not serious, and fortunately, they can be treated quickly and simply. However, you would benefit greatly from visiting a specialist if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Back or neck discomfort that lasts longer than two weeks.
- Symptoms including aching, or stabbing that radiates from the arms or legs.
- Your leg, foot, groin or rectal area feels numb.
- Symptoms are so intense that you can’t move around.
- Numbness or tingling in the arms or legs.
- Weakness in your arms or legs.
- Trouble walking or maintaining your balance.
- You have trouble sleeping because the symptoms wake you up at night.
- Trauma or an accident that causes significant back or neck injury.
- Chronic neck or back condition that interferes with routine, everyday activity.
- Your symptoms don’t seem to be getting better after two or three weeks.
When you should see a joint specialist
If you experience any of the following symptoms, you would benefit greatly from visiting a specialist:
- Joint or musculoskeletal pain following an injury
- Hip or knee pain that gradually increases when bearing weight
- Severe joint pain interfering with typical functioning
- Moderate or advanced arthritis in the hips or knees
- Previous unsuccessful treatment of joint pain
- A needed joint replacement
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
If you’re suffering from back or neck injuries, or experience pain in your knees or hip, schedule an appointment at Southeastern Spine · Brain · Joint today!